Bitesize Wonders 09
As I write this, I’m sitting on my bed with a hot water bottle hugging my belly and the soothing soundtrack from Hospital Playlist is the one I’ve chosen to blast through my speaker. The melody is filled with nostalgia, making me wonder if I should re-watch both seasons again for the tenth time. My bed is extremely cosy and warm right now, so there is nowhere I’d rather be. Okay, maybe there are a few other places I can think of, but this one’s not that bad though…
How is your Sunday going so far? Are you having a relaxed one or is your schedule packed as it would be on a Monday morning? I hope for you it’s not and I wonder if you had a good week too.
My week was a bit all over the place, but after surviving another tough week, I’m proud of myself for doing so.
I found myself having to call the ambulance for my sister in the middle of the night (she’s fine now, don’t worry!), I cried whilst watching the news and struggled to keep up with sleep on most days. It was certainly the kind of week where I needed desperately to find joy in the little things. The kind of week where Bitesize Wonders were not only welcome but very necessary.
Bitesize Wonders, as I’m sure you know by now, is a series I began at the start of the new year to share my weekly gratitude journal with you. It was my way of finding encouragement in the big or little highs hidden in my days, and in turn, it was my way of encouraging you too, a reminder that you can always find wonder in the ordinary.
These are some of my highlights this week that have made me even an ounce of happy.
- The power of a vital delicate afternoon nap following a tumultuous night. There really isn’t much like it.
- The childish giddiness I feel when I stand in line to order food. The dilemma that dances in my mind as I try to pick from the menu above my head. The heat coming from the paper wrappers. And of course, the first bite that always tastes the sweetest.
- I caught up with a friend I hadn’t heard from in a while – pre-pandemic – who told me they are now a dad! Super unexpected and wild. I’m so happy for them, I definitely felt *ALL THE FEELS*.
- A random act of kindness that warmed my heart and made the corners of my mouth twist upwards. I unwrapped the cover to find two little Mickey Mouse shaped handmade bars of soap.
The best gifts are the ones given for no reason at all.
- The hot water bottle. The. freaking. best. invention.
- Call it retail therapy or whatever else you want but coming out of a store with a bag that holds something I’ve been eyeing for a while has to be one of the most satisfying feelings. I’d say I’m really good with money and calculative of every penny that leaves my account, however, I do love that moment when I decide I’m going in for what I want and coming out with it. In this case, I went into the Apple store and finally got some Bluetooth headphones I’d been letting linger in my digital basket. It sure did put a smile on my face all the way home.
- A family friend brought us a little bit of stew as they came to visit. It was nothing short of divine. Now all I’m wondering is how soon is too soon to pester them for more… or a recipe at least.
- I know I said I’d go out more this year, but sometimes, cancelling plans to lay in bed all evening instead can be purely therapeutic. I would know because that’s exactly what I did last night.
- Lana Blakely’s ‘video to watch when you need comfort’ brought me comfort. Perhaps, it may do the same for you too. Click here to watch.
What are some of your Bitesize Wonders this week?
Your restless romantic roamer