As I begin to log my tenth entry of Bitesize Wonders, it does feel like I’ve reached a significant benchmark. As you know starting this series was more of a challenge than anything else. I wanted to push myself towards a more positive mindset so starting a weekly gratitude list for the first time ever felt like a good idea. Needless to say, although I hoped I would, I didn’t know I’d be able to keep it up this long.
So far, I’d say my mission is being accomplished. I’m finding silver linings even in the current dark state of the world and realizing sometimes the little things matter the most.
The week I just had was really one where I had to cling to the little things to get by. The discomfort in my throat quickly turned sore in no time then the running nose became into a whole fever.
Night sweats that left me drenched, loss of appetite and used tissues piled up in bin bags – it sure was a dramatic couple of days. The good news was both COVID tests I did came out negative, the bad was the healing process was much slower than I liked. The pills, potions and remedies are working though as I feel significantly better now and I’m ready to share my standout moment from the week with you. These are the Bitesize Wonders making me even an ounce of happy.
- Blue Skies and broad daylight. Spring is officially here! It would be an understatement to say these brighter days are livening up my mood too.
- Freshly squeezed oranges. A simple delight.
- There’s nothing fun about being ill, but I guess the forced rest really didn’t hurt. I’m definitely ready to take on a new week.
- Dressed to impress, myself that is! Maybe I’d forgotten what it’s like to put an outfit together, wear it, and feel so damn good in it. Sometimes a well put together outfit does more than make you look good, it can also make you feel good too.
- The moment I take off my work headphones and click ‘shut down’. Clocking off is easily the best part of most days.
- When working from home gets isolating I love going to coffee shops. I always feel inspired to write there and it’s another way to be surrounded by humans again.
- The Adam Project on Netflix was an hour and a half of unrestrained laughter and deep reflection. Another Ryan Reynolds movie that ticks all the right boxes. The first five minutes had me hooked which was perfect because it only got better from there. The Adam Project did not have a single dull moment. If you still haven’t seen it yet I’d highly recommend!
- Picture this. Fresh bedding. A hot shower and of course a warm cup of tea before bed. Honestly, I’m always easy to please.
- This recipe for Nigerian meat pie my sister and I followed to a tee. We spent a lot of time in the kitchen during the pandemic baking boom in the summer of 2020, but it’s certainly been a while. We decided to get down to business again. It was so worth it
Your restless romantic roamer