Bitesize Wonders 24
Now that I’ve survived the first heatwave of the summer, I have to confess that I don’t mind the return of the gloomy British weather here in Manchester. I think living here for some time now has diminished my resistance to hot weather and knowing I’ll be returning to Italy in a few days, has me a little worried about that.
Gladly, although it felt like it, the heat didn’t last too long. I spent most of it clinging on to the fridge for dear life and wishing my work hours away. Having to work when the weather is nice outside feels like a punishment of sorts – I would not recommend it. Thankfully, I have more than half of August off, so I have that to look forward to!
It’s that time again where I share with you my Bitesize Wonders – moments that added a little magic to my week.
As you know, continuing to catch moments of pure magic and trap them on a page is my ongoing mission. I’ll be sharing the things that made me even an ounce of happy. Here’s a short list of Bitesize Wonders from my week:
- Feeling welcome in a room full of strangers – a pleasant experience indeed!
- Happiness strolling down the aisle of that favourite store. An overwhelming amount of choice on the colour-coordinated racks. Trying a couple of picks in the changing room; some are not the right fit; others are set to find a new home with me. The pings at checkout and the word ‘approved’ on the card reader. Paper bags are handed over as the cashier shouts “next!” towards the back of the line. The heat is felt now as the automatic doors give way. I do love a good shopping spree.
- The first gulp of sparling water retrieved straight from the fridge. It’s indeed a simple delight to enjoy in 36°C weather.
- Purchasing general admission tickets to an August live show in London. Although it’s true my first concert experience wasn’t that long ago, but I’m already all geared up for another!
- A quote by wetheurban I caught whilst scrolling through my Instagram feed that stuck with me for the rest of the week. It said, ‘don’t compare your chapter 1 to someone else’s chapter 20’. Simply that, I remembered that.
- A surprise visit from my sister and her husband, who we hadn’t seen in person in over two whole years! There’s nothing like bonding time with family. That’s to be treasured!
- The first gust of breeze marking the end of a heatwave. Finally, I guess I’ll be sleeping better tonight.
Your restless romantic roamer