25 Fun Facts You May Not Know About Me
Twenty-five. I’m here now at the age that terrified me. As predicted when I was on the verge of a new age, waking up today did not feel any different. I took a day off because I don’t feel ‘grown enough’ to work on my birthday so I’ve been enjoying every moment of it.
It’s been a while since I’ve been wanting to do a re-introduction to myself on this blog. I’ve been blogging for a few years now and I know there have been a few fresh faces since I began. What better time to do it than on my birthday!
I thought it would be interesting to share a couple fun facts about me that you may not know if you’ve just recently joined the fold (welcome to my messy corner of the internet!). I’ll keep this nice and short because I have to get ready for my birthday dinner – plus, the cake just arrived. Here’s an extra fun fact: I love cake!
1. Rachy a.k.a. Rachael is not my first name but my middle name. Does that surprise you?
2. My favourite colour has always been red, although sometimes, I do wonder if that’s still the case. i pondered about it when I wrote about why being critical about the things you’ve always believed is essential.
3. I have a degree in Multimedia Journalism. My interest in blogging grew during my course so I decided to start, and it’s been more than three years and counting now.
4. Four. That’s the number of siblings I have.
5. Mornings are not my thing. I’m more of a night owl, but I’ve mastered life as an early bird too.
6. I prefer tea to coffee.
7. I used to be obsessed with an actor named Justin Hartley when I was a child so much I had his picture in my wallet and carried it around everywhere. It was most definately a creepy kind of crush looking back now. Most people will know him from This Is Us now, but at the time he played green arrow on a show called Smallville. I was obsessed with that too.
8. Never have I ever been to a concert, but that may change soon.
9. Moving to Italy as a child changed my life forever. I spent my formative years there and a big part of who I am is as a result of the seasons I watched change there.
10. I speak Italian fluently. I studied spanish for three years but can only understand it. French is a language I should know as it is one I specialised in for eight years yet my vocabolary ends somewhere between ‘je m’appelle’ and ‘ça va bien, merci’. Korean is a language I’ve picked up from my undying love for the countless Korean dramas I binge on a weekly basis. Maybe, it’s time I take an advanced course!
11. That trip to New York was one major highlight in my life I would like to do all over again. From the plane ride to the first day when it was too good to be true to the surreal magical nights in the city that never sleeps. The view from the top of The Empire State Building and the rain that changed my plans on the very last day. It was all perfect in its own way.
12. I have cerebral palsy. Life with a disability may present different kinds of obstacles, but nothing I cannot take on one by one. I mean, I have been doing so since birth.
13. Look up ‘hopeless romantic’ in the dictionary. Yup, that would be me.
14. I love airport days. The commute that’s a bit stressful. The time that moves differently to other days. Showing tickets at the desk. A luggage that’s a little too heavy. The two-minute freak out scared I forgot my passport. The take off. Bad airport food that almost makes me sick. The landing. The taxi driver that rips me off a few couple more notes than necessary. The fresh hotel room sheets.
There’s much to hate in the chaos, but there’s much I love.
15. I’ve had only one operation in my life as a child. Whilst it was one of the biggest moments in my life, the one thing I remember the most was how HOT the doctor was! He was hospital aisle gossip and I love it!
16. I said goodbye to the house that built me moved to Manchester for university. So far, I have not regretted staying in this rainy city. I do miss Italy sometimes though.
17. No to unsolicited advice. I don’t give it. I don’t want it.
18. Might be boring, but I don’t believe in ghost, aliens, or anything else creeping around the universe. Life is hard enough.
19. Contradicting myself – as I always do – I do believe in God. There has to be more to this life we live. The thought alone is comforting.
20. I love taking pictures. Perhaps, I feel comfortable in front of the camera. Maybe I just love attention. Maybe both?
21. Truth is my email inbox is a direct correlation to my life. Whenever my inbox is a mess, so is my life.
22. ‘A Walk To Remember’ is that one movie I could re-watch over and over and over again.
23. I cannot live without music. What would that even look like? Some things are better left unknown.
24. Growing older scares me a little, but I can’t wait to see who I become. The prospect is terrifying but thrilling at the same time.
25. I write to understand my life. My thoughts, the people who surround me and the reasons things happen. I do it to make sense of it all. I will never stop writing.
If you’ve enjoy this let’s get to know each other. Tell me a fun fact about you in the comments!
Your restless romantic roamer