As I write this it really can’t escape me how quickly the days went by this week. Coming off the high of my birthday, my first ever concert, and the Easter holidays, this week was relaxed and much more contained than the last. My days naturally bled into one another in mundane ways, and I found solace in the ordinary.
I replaced most of my screentime with a new book and made time for meditation in rooms where scented candles lifted my spirits.
It’s been refreshing to go at a slower pace this week. I got to step back and intently stare at the life I’ve been drawing – it’s time I check if a change in technique is necessary before picking up the brush again. Maybe it’s time I change the colours I’m using, or perhaps my tools need refining. Regardless, I got to look back at the goals I made at the very start of the year. It was a necessary check-in as I needed to either re-align myself with my goals or tweak them in order to reflect where I want to be headed. I would highly recommend doing the same!
Well, since we meet again this Sunday, it’s about time we take part in our weekly tradition here. On my mission to regularly catch moments of pure magic and trap them on a page, I bring you some more Bitesize Wonders.
Sometimes I find myself having to dig a little harder to find note-worthy highlights in my days, but it’s all about perspective. By now, I know there is always something to be grateful for even when it doesn’t seem so. No matter how life-altering or seemingly insignificant, these are the things that made me even an ounce of happy this week:
- Nature in full bloom. I never fail to be mesmerised by the spring makeover. To witness the branches of the trees pick up their crown once more and dress up with vivid colour again. To find petal grow in places I forgot they were. They don’t hide away when the sun shines on them. It’s their time. The blooming season is here.
- Work from home is still a struggle, but every time I clock out, I do a little dance.
- Large popcorn and coke. A hot dog decorated with barbecue sauce which I’d gladly forget I ate. Comfortable seats at the very back of the room. My sister is my date. Returning to the cinema after such a long time is easily the highlight of my week.
- Great news from a friend that made me smile all week. Good luck Gal!
- Grilled chicken wrap at the doorstep. I’m a little too obsessed with my new find on the Nando’s menu. My plan to tone down the deliveries is in serious jeopardy.
- The cleaning session I look forward to every time I have a day off. The bookshelf rearranged and wiped down. That smell of bleach I do not mind and the scrubbing of dirt off the sink. The raging roar of the vacuum cleaner as it sucks up dust off the carpet. Fresh laundry out of the tumble dryer folded neatly and put away. Complete satisfaction is the reward I’m gunning for.
- Mirror selfies in a pretty public bathroom at the end of a memorable night.
- I soak my feet in first and then I let the rest of my body fall in too. My humming voice echoes just right thanks to bathroom acoustics. A familiar scent rising from the candle lit up by the window, the right size of water in the tub, a perfect melody escaping through the speakers, and the bamboo tray that holds my Kindle above water. I could stay here all day – every day.
Have an amazing Sunday!
Your restless romantic roamer