Take it from me, it is true that when you’re having fun time runs faster. Tick tock. Tick tock. BOOM. It goes by so fast you get startled by how quickly the night changes. You find little joys and Bitesize Wonders easily, but they slip through your fingers before you even realise it.
My week went fast indeed, and I selfishly would love to go back in time and relive it. If that’s not a possibility, is it too much to ask that time slow down a little on this fine Sunday? I’m still loving this long weekend and I’m rarely ever looking forward to getting back into work mode on Monday mornings.
This week we celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee – 70 whole years on the throne! I’ll admit to still not knowing much about the royal family since moving to England a few years ago, however, I appreciate one thing always – a good ol’ holiday.
Having a three-day work week was just what I needed and a perfect way to start the month of June.
We’re already halfway through another year and whilst that’s insane to think about in itself, I’ve decided to approach the month differently. As I mentioned in my previous blog post, I’m really looking forward to taking a break sometime this month to reflect, re-assess, and like I did all weekend long; rest.
I’ll definitely let you in more on that later on, but for now, it’s time I share my Bitesize Wonders from the week. Whilst I spent last week home alone, it’s been the complete opposite these past few days as in accordance with the holiday spirit I’ve been surrounded by people at all times.
My mission to catch moments of pure magic and trap them on a page continues. Once again, these are the things that made me even an ounce of happy this week:
- The sun coming through the blind on a would-be workday. My night owl’s guide to surviving the early morning doesn’t appear to be necessary when I’m allowed to hide under the duvet till midday.
- The familiar aroma of jollof rice that awakens my senses as I step out of my room and into the corridor. My mum did it again!
- Large hoodies and baggy t-shirts. Comfort and nothing else.
- Feeling the blues (the good kind) and pure nostalgia while devouring my latest binge in the least possible number of sittings. It’s been high emotions and wholesome feelings as I follow the stories of the characters portrayed in ‘Our Blues’ (Netflix) through their pains, regrets and traumas. Just another Korean drama taking over my week.
- A liberating sensation follows as I take off each braid on my head one by one. My fingers run around through my natural hair unobstructed. I love it!
- Fewer highlight reels, comparison games or instant gratification. I enjoyed pockets of time spent off of social media. Time spent living, laughing, and practising leaving old habits behind. Singing each word of a song I know all the words to. Inspiring another to sing along even if they have to invent the words or replace them with gibberish.
Time spent planning my next move and rethinking old steps. The time I can’t get back but used wisely – I hope.
- Catching the sun as it sets and falls slowly so far below my vision can’t catch its glow. The golden filtering through the window that loses its shine steadily. That beautiful sunset that’s so precious it never ceases to blow my mind.
Your restless romantic roamer