Ah, It’s in the air again. That good old feeling is in the air again. It smells like endless possibilities and renewed enthusiasm. There’s an urge to run straight ahead like a bull seeing the hottest red – and red only. An eagerness to chase after binned dreams and bold choices. To set out divine resolutions that will lead to glory days – and glory days only. To finally take hold of a life imagined in vivid colour, but not yet lived.
A life imagined can indeed become a reality but don’t forget this too:
- Breathe deeply at the dawn of a grey day for there shall be a few mornings that will withhold the glowing sunshine.
- Laugh out loud at the worst possible times. Life could make you forget how to for a little while.
- Take the naps your body craves, although sometimes still ask yourself if you deserve them. Restlessness may come and your eyes may refuse to shut even when you’re weary.
- Dance to the beat of your own drum as much as possible. A time may come your feet will hurt too much to get the steps right at the count of 3, 2, 1.
- Hug the ones who always see you and see through you a lot. Sometimes you don’t get second chances to.
As you chase after fragile belongings and material things you think you live for, remember to live a little. At the very least, that’s what I’ll be doing this year.
Happy New Year!
Your restless romantic roamer