The month of May came and left since my last Sunday entry like this. The days went warm when I left you, then they turned cold again as if summer days wouldn’t visit us any time soon. Here we are though. I’ve been enjoying days in my sun-kissed skin lately; cold drinks, neon-coloured miniskirts, and 2-hour garden bench reading sessions. It’s only fitting that in the month of June when we welcome summer flings and unplanned trips, I return to share my weekly Bitesize Wonders with you.
The last couple of weeks have been very busy. It’s been a period of discovery for me. Discovery of my surrounding, those around me, and of course, most importantly discovery of self. I’m finding new sides to myself with every passing season. Some, I want to keep and explore or grow with. Others, I want to suppress and hide or bury deep under. And a few, I’m still trying to find the right words to express. I feel these days I’m often trying to find the right words…
Nevertheless, I find Bitesize Wonders. At times they creep into a bad day and hijack my hollow feelings. Other times, they are the reason I can’t stop smiling. I think about them when I’m feeling like the walls are closing in on me, and in turn, they give me space to breathe. Little sparks of wonder in my every day that I pocket like a treasure I wish to keep to myself. But as most good things are best shared, I like to do just that.
I’ll be honest, I’ve needed Bitesize Wonders in my life lately so whenever I catch one, I treasure it like it’s a rare antique. It’s all about celebrating the simple joys in life, hence these are the moments of pure magic I’ve experienced lately that made me even one ounce of happy.
- Lazy Sundays when the alarm doesn’t ring. Slow-paced mornings void of to-dos to tick off. Moisturised skin after a long shower. The beauty of doing nothing. Absolutely nothing.
- Breakfast after noon. Sue me!
- Annnnd the end. Read and rated – finally finished the last page of Before The Coffee Gets Cold. It took a while, but I did it. Maybe, you can tell, but I’m glad to be on to the next.
- The shenanigans only a girl’s night out makes possible. The right people. At the right time. In the right place.
- New favourite restaurant detected! The only one crying is my bank account, but I’m not fussed about it. Seems I’d do anything to feed my sushi addiction – literally!
- A good cry. The kind that was pushed down many times before the flow, but forces its way through, nonetheless. Now emotions come loose, and a great calm finds its way in. Sometimes, a good cry is the only next step.
- Afternoons rolling and strolling around Manchester as I show my uncle around to see the good the city has to offer. Bonding over dinner and watching the city disappear on the tram ride home.
- Getting an accessible Uber is no easy feat, but sometimes you blink and there’s one right out front. Not a problem everyone has, but trust me, it’s no short of a miracle.
- Back in the groove of things is how I want to be. I missed unwrapping my feelings and spilling them over these pixelated pages. Feels good to be back!
Wish you a very happy Sunday!
Your restless romantic roamer