Lately, I’ve been grinding, catching the final season of the original SATC series, and grinding some more. August has been a rather busy month and I’ve been chasing naps in the same way I’ve been chasing results. I’m hoping the new month will bring some returns to my invested time and all that lost sleep. Despite everything, I still manage to find Bitesize Wonders hidden in the everyday mundane…
Frankly, gratitude is what keeps me going this year – appreciation for where I’ve been, where I am and where I’m yet to be. I’ve done whatever I can to maintain my attitude of gratitude, and whilst it’s not always easy, it’s extremely rewarding. It’s dawned on me that I’ve already written 60 entries off this gratitude journal, which is wild because when I began collecting Bitesize Wonders I wasn’t confident I’d make it to ten.
However, here we are still going strong recognising the little things that make the biggest difference. Here are the little things that brought me joy this week – my Bitesize Wonders.
My Bitesize Wonders…
- Hot salted chips right out of the paper bag. The perfect amount of salt. The perfect amount of flavour.
- Fresh pjs. Fresh socks. And a cosy fresh bedding to top it all off.
- A much-needed sweaty session at the gym. I haven’t mentioned that in a while, did you notice? It pains me to admit it’s because I haven’t been to the gym for many many months. Shhhh, let’s pretend I’m sticking to good habits…
- When the lyrics, the melody, and the timing collide into an artful masterpiece. Who doesn’t love a song that gives them goosebumps?
- A steaming cup of tea paired with endless scrolling through Pinterest is my most recent idea for a relaxing evening.
- Reading pages without reading… This week, I got my first audiobook to help me get closer to my reading goals. I wouldn’t call myself an audiobook convert just yet, but I didn’t hate it either. I guess we’ll have to wait and see how my experience fully pans out.
- Realising a national bank holiday is set for tomorrow and I won’t be working from my bedroom desk. Sounds like I’m about to have a rare great Monday!
Your restless romantic roamer