Well… you caught me! I won’t lie, being off the grid for a while there felt good. It’s only been over a fortnight since I last sat at dawn on a slow Sunday morning to greet you with Bitesize Wonders and little joys, but I feel somewhat out of practice.
I’ve learnt to step away every now and then to recharge and re-evaluate ever since I began blogging 5 years ago. In such fashion, I took the last two weeks as an opportunity to participate in a digital detox of sorts. And as it often is, spending time offline was the mind-shifting experience I needed it to be. I feel much more relaxed and grounded than I have in a while which is something to celebrate.
What kept me going in the past two weeks, you ask? It’s the simple things really. The ordinary magic moments during the day that lift my spirit. The mundane reasons I find to smile that keep me seeing things in colour. I call these Bitesize Wonders, and of course, I’ll be sharing them with you below.
My Bitesize Wonders…
- Replacing endless scrolling with endless reading and half-drank cups of tea. A habit I wish sticks.
- The constant pings-and-dings from the ‘siblings group chat’ as we plot the perfect surprise gathering for my mum’s birthday. If you ask me, we crafted a fun-filled day she’ll remember for a while. First, a deep massage. Then an unexpected mani-pedi. To end on a high note, a family dinner that brings everyone to the same city, at the same time.
- Having an excuse to order cake and doing so, of course! Every pound spent worth every pound gained.
- Familiar bickering and banter around the table. Overfamiliar reminiscing and laughter as food is served. Realising that there’s not much better.
- Heavy hoodies. Cosy socks. Soft blankets. Warm cups. Scented candles. Heated rooms. It’s that time of the year again.
- The magazine aisle is the last stop on my grocery run. I pick two and can’t help but wonder if other people still do.
- A fully charged Kindle and a completely engaging book to devour. A match made in heaven.
- Waking up early enough to grab McDonald’s breakfast on the weekend. Those hash browns are too good to pass on…!
What simple things bring you joy lately?
Your restless romantic roamer