Every Sunday is a new opportunity to share Bitesize Wonders with you. Lucky for me (and you too!), it’s Sunday again.
This week, my time was used in different ways. From rearranging priorities to content creation and some more relaxation. I spent my time coming to terms with some bitter truths I may have previously ignored. I used social media in a way that felt enjoyable again for the first time in a while. This weekend, I even experimented some more with creating Instagram reels again. There were new albums that got stuck in my head, a constant loop of harmonies and sentimental lyrics. I devoured many sandwiches and wraps, and then returned to the gym to work it all off.
I worked from home in the mornings, created new content in the afternoons and caught up with shows afterwards.
Overall, my week went by smoothly despite one or two hiccups here and there. Bitesize Wonders is all about celebrating the big little joys during the week. The month is shaping up to be a lot more relaxed than the last, but there are always things to be grateful for. My aim is always to catch moments of pure magic and trap them on a page. However, the truth is sometimes you have to create your own magic. Sometimes you got to step outside, grab the world with its endless possibilities and mould your own version of happy. This week, I did just that.
No matter how life-altering or seemingly insignificant, these are the things that made me even an ounce of happy this week:
- Starting the weekend by jumping into fresh sheets with my Kindle in hand after a warm shower will forever be my favourite kind of Bitesize Wonder. The little things, am I right?!
- Getting to my routine doctor’s appointments not just on time, but earlier than the scheduled time. Not a big deal for some people, but I acknowledge this accomplishment.
- 2011 to always – it sure has been a ride. I watched the very moment Little Mix won the X-factor all those years back, so it was very strange to watch them take one last bow (for now – hopefully!) last night.
Although we were unable to go see them on tour before the hiatus, my sister and I got tickets to watch the live stream of their final (for now – hopefully) show in the O2 Arena, London. Trust me when I say, even from my bedroom it was simply magical. We sang every single word as the girls sobbed through their setlist. They made songs that were the soundtrack to my life since I was 14 years old. Crazy huh! It was a bittersweet two hours, but it was mostly sweet.
- The stranger who kindly offered up their seat at the library. The place was packed with anxious-panicky students who hope their restless hours there will pay off. She said she’d share a table with her friend and emptied it before I could protest. I’m no longer a hopeful student, but as someone who once was, the kind gesture made my day.
- The kid on the bus who served a giant smile and was confident enough to say hello a few times too many. That childish innocence is never not cute.
- How To Let Go. Sigrid’s new album has been blasting through my headphones in the last week and for good reason too! As a huge fan of her debut album, Sucker Punch, which I played on repeat for over 3 years straight, I was certainly looking forward to her sophomore. As I expected, it did not disappoint one bit! I even managed to get my hands on an exclusive signed CD too!
- Out of breath and sweaty. My return to the gym after a few weeks was exactly what I needed to feel more like myself again. I’m so ready for a new week!
Have a lovely Sunday! Always wishing you well – always! xx
Your restless romantic roamer
Click here to read more Bitesize Wonders – a Sunday series.