Yesterday, I caught myself getting lost in past memories. Specifically, I was thinking about this time last year and how clueless I was about how things would unfold. I had just made plans for my ‘hot girl summer’ but could quite predict how things would turn out. I mean, how could I? We aren’t exactly handed a crystal ball at any age.
I knew I had planned a big trip to Italy, but couldn’t have known it would have been one of the best I’ve ever been on. I had paid to see one of my favourite singers in concert, but little did I know just about a month after the show I would meet her in person minutes away from my house. There were big changes scripted in my to-do list, some didn’t work out whilst others I’m still working on like a critical email in the draft folder. And somehow, I even talked myself into starting a YouTube channel. I guess what they say is true – anything can happen.
One thing I did then that I continue to do now is express my gratitude for all things I have – big or small. It’s a practice that has kept me grounded. Focused on the prize and not the price of gains and losses. Not wavering at every stop sign that keeps me firm in the same place.
I keep a record of my Bitesize Wonders, to seal them in place and remind myself to enjoy these fleeting moments. Everything is bound to change. Nothing stays stuck in its original state. So I acknowledge each moment of pure wonder as they come. After all, today will soon be a yesterday to remember!
My Bitesize Wonders…
- Say it with me. Vacation mode: ON. Could it get any better?
- The view from the front-row seat at my mum’s graduation. Her name is called out and she walks across the podium with a sure look on her face. She did it. The truest form of overwhelming pride
- Calm within a cup. I’m still a sucker for a good old cup of tea bed.
- An embarrassing moment that made me want to pee myself laughing or disappear. Perhaps both.
- Sushi and more sushi. It didn’t take too long for me to return to Sakura Restaurant since I last reviewed it. Funny enough, the second time was even better.
- There is something so wholesome about pushing that ‘publish‘ button. Some sort of release as I let go of another piece of content that was mine and mine alone to curate. Well… it’s yours now a new Candid Diary vlog is up on YouTube for those who prefer to watch the messiness unfold in HD.
- Phone calls that divide the day into before and after, and give more to look forward to.
- Sundays like this when the thought of a work-free week brings me nothing but joy. Expect travel diaries and sunny shots of myself roaming unfamiliar places. It’s official, I’m out of the office!
Your restless romantic roamer