It gets darker earlier now which has put me in a subconscious state of hibernation. Although the cold is still barrable in Manchester, resisting the urge to find a cave to hide away in has been difficult indeed. A couple of thrilling books to read, a warm blanket and cosy wear to lounge in – I’d be good to go really! My Sunday gratitude journal may be filled with the same things every week, but I doubt I’d complain.
Since living like a cavewoman isn’t really in the cards for me right now, I’m doing my best to enjoy what’s left of the rest of the year. Not much, huh?!
Whilst I still have a day job and can’t go into hiding just yet, I still get to enjoy evenings reading thrilling books under fluffy warm blankets in the comfort of the cosiest loungewear. As ordinary as they may seem, it’s these simple Bitesize Wonders that keep me going on a daily basis. Here are some simple joys worth highlighting from my week:
My Bitesize Wonders…
- Relieving stress at the end of a long workday with a sweaty gym session. In no way do I go as many times as I’d like to, but whenever I do, the after-effect is undeniable.
- That overwhelming sense of pride I feel when my loved ones succeed. It’s unlike anything else.
- Bonding with the Italians. We had guests from Italy this week who spent a couple of days with us and it felt good to speak Italian full time around the house again. It made me miss living in Italy even more though…
- When you’re not in the mood to step outside yet they manage to take you by the hand and drag you out. Turns out they were right – I did feel much better.
- Hair wash day. A clean sensation of freshness that makes me feel like everything is right with the world – even for a moment.
- When the fit puts a swing in your step and dresses you up with confidence.
- Not being able to get into the packed restaurant I was craving is nothing good, but accidentally stumbling into a different tasty haven was definitely worth it!
Do you keep a Gratitude Journal? What is something you are grateful for lately?
Share it with me in the comments!
Your restless romantic roamer